PPG TAUBMANS building community solidarity with GIVIT
In it Together with GIVIT
GIVIT’s corporate supporter Taubmans is ‘painting’ a new, positive chapter for local communities affected by the recent disasters. As part of their “Taubmans in it Together” initiative kickstarted in 2020, $515,000 worth of donations have been donated to GIVIT and circulated to communities in need.
Throughout this long-standing partnership with GIVIT, 199 community projects have been charitably supported by Taubmans. The organisation has graciously contributed valuable funds, which GIVIT used to rebuild damaged spaces and fund vouchers for essential items, home appliances and tech items.
Strengthening community connection
Community connection and solidarity over the past year have been some people's lifeblood when enduring and overcoming hardship. GIVIT saw the need to help develop community spaces to foster community solidarity and was able to contribute to the cause with the help of Taubmans' generosity. The development of these spaces aims to provide opportunities for people to connect with each other and engage in activities that strengthen relationships and build a sense of belonging.
A community garden space in YMCA Cannon Hill has since been offered to surrounding residents where GIVIT appreciatively distributed donated Taubmans paint. After months of hard work, community members picked up a paintbrush and helped brighten the community garden space adding some final touches.
This garden is now a relaxing and calming space for anyone and everyone to enjoy. Whether you enjoy gardening or would like to come down and have a cuppa with other community members
Our work with GIVIT is important to us at Taubmans. We have been in it together with the community for over 125 years and working with GIVIT allows us to give back to communities where and when they need it most.
Supporting the rebuild of a multicultural centre
Taubmans have also helped fund the rebuild of community spaces severely damaged by the floods with GIVIT. Nipobon Polli, a Bangladeshi Centre in NSW, was left completely devastated after flood levels rose to an extreme height and caused damage to the entire centre.
Through Peppercorn Flood Recovery, GIVIT provided donated Taubmans paint and garden items to support the centre's restoration, ensuring multiculturalism can continue to be celebrated at the much-loved venue. As part of the project, Taubmans also donated a mural to the centre and has committed to fixing ongoing flood damage, further supporting the community’s vision.
We’re so grateful to Taubmans for their ongoing support of our work in communities around Australia. The past twelve months have been challenging for so many people impacted by catastrophic floods or still rebuilding from previous disasters. These funds help us to ensure people have access to the essential items they need to move forward with their lives.
Providing valuable work throughout the years
Taubmans and GIVIT have achieved many amazing things together over the years, delivering incredible impact. Check out some of our achievements below:
- When bushfires surrounded Cobargo on New Year’s Eve 2019, many residents had no option but to gather at the village showgrounds and shelter on the oval. With funds raised through the In it Together paint drive, Taubmans and GIVIT helped develop Cobargo Community Centre and Disaster Refuge.
- Helping farmers rebuild their lives after devastating disasters with BlazeAid, Taubmans and GIVIT helped equip BlazeAid volunteers with the things they need while they spent months at a time on camp sites carrying out farm fencing repairs.
- LAMP INC, who offer housing for people transitioning from psychiatric care received new, donated Taubmans paint. This paint was used to revamp the space and give the house a homely vibe while people undergo rehabilitation to rebuild their lives.
- The regional community of Buchan was not able to host their rodeo in 2020 with 52 years of heritage because of the devastating Black Summer Bushfires and COVID-19. Thanks to help from Taubmans, the Buchan community got the show grounds up to scratch and hosted a spectacular rodeo that brought pride to the community and everyone involved.
- From paint and canvas came community healing. The talented Narooma High School students created a beautiful NAIDOC Week mural, with paint donated by Taubmans. “The painting gave students time to reflect on what they’d experienced through the bushfires and help understand they're not alone."
- Thanks to our ‘In It Together’ campaign with Taubmans, GIVIT donated 100’s of litres of paint to help refresh the Wirib Store and Tourism Park. The park, owned by the Gunamu Aboriginal Corporation, previously struggled to support their locals due to falling tourist numbers. The fresh lick of paint spruced up the space and encouraged more visitors to the park.
GIVIT is grateful to have the support of companies that share the same goal of impacting the community positively. With Taubmans help, GIVIT is able to deliver significant impact and distribute much-needed resources to support those who need it most.